Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Summer Post #2

Hi everyone!  Today I'm posting another summer outfit post. Last week my friends from high school and I went to the Outer Banks in North Carolina for a beach vacation which was one of the most relaxing and fun experiences I have had in a while. Seventeen of us all piled into one beach house and we really just enjoyed our time laying on the beach (I got sun poisoning- of course), walking around the local shops and boutiques and even making friends with the surrounding neighbors. We hope to make a similar trip next year since we all go to different colleges and getting everyone together again to catch up on old times is always nice. On our last night, we all decided to treat ourselves to a fancy seafood dinner in Corolla at the Oceanfront Grille. I ordered the tuna which came with mashed potatoes with the skin- my favorite- and steamed broccoli, later I got homemade coffee toffee chocolate chip ice cream on a chocolate dipped and sprinkled cone. It was so delicious and worth it! Anyways, we dressed up and I am sharing with you what I decided to wear to this lovely dining experience. I chose a long, spaghetti strapped navy blue maxi dress with a chiffon bottom and an embroidered navy blue, red, and white tribal printed bustier top. This dress was incredibly comfortable and flattering on my small frame as well. I was a  little hesitant purchasing this number because I was not confident if I could pull it off but I discovered that short girls can wear long skirts and dresses too! I'm only 5'3" but I managed to pull it off haha so if you're short, do not be afraid to wear a long piece of clothing! I found this dress at Marshall's actually and it was only $25 so I believe that was a steal and I had to buy it. The brand name of the dress is called Flying Tomato too. Since the top had a print I kept the accessories simple so the attention was emphasized on the dress itself. I paired my outfit with gold aztec/ triangular earrings from Forever 21 and three of my Alex and Ani bracelets that I adore. I really love them because they are so versatile with outfits and I even mix and match different metals. I will give you links to the ones I have; my most recent one was a gift from my grandmother and it's my favorite because it's a cupcake which symbolizes celebrating the little things in life:). I think cupcakes are so cute and I have a little bit of an obsession with them, I actually just found a recipe on Pinterest to make sangria cupcakes too! I also chose to wear tan, braided wedges by Dolce Vita that i got on sale on Piperlime.com and a simple tan and black crossbody bag that was given to me as a gift by my cousin. I hope you enjoy my post for today!

Dress: Marshall's. Wedges: Dolce Vita (piperlime.com), Crossbody bag: gift, Earrings: Forever 21, Bracelets: Alex and Ani
Cupcake BangleBirthstone BangleFeather Bangle

Also, here's the link to the sangria cupcakes if you want to make them! I will definitely be baking them soon: http://thefirstyearblog.com/sangria-cupcakes/
                                                              xoxo Anna





No comments:

Post a Comment