Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Start of Spring: DC Style

Hey Everyone!




  I'm back with another fashion post! I am currently on my spring break for the week and am visiting my family who resides in Maryland before taking off Friday morning to venture to the southern land of Alabama to watch my older brother participate in his last two collegiate lacrosse games before he graduates this year! I have a pretty hectic and busy spring break but it will most definitely be filled with fun and hopefully good times. Yesterday was my best friend's of eight years birthday, she transferred (guess we are similar lol) to The Catholic University of America in Washington D.C to pursue a degree in Music Education. She is wickedly talented and has a stunning voice that could amaze anyone. Not only is she an incredible actress/musician/singer but she truly has a beautiful heart and has always been there for me. I have not seen her in a very long time, fortunately my grandfather and I were able to make the trip to the beautiful District of Columbia and take her out to dinner at Matchbox Chinatown, which I highly recommend you go to and eat.It's a very quaint and funky little joint with an eccentric essence about it. My grandfather ordered the bistro burger which came with onion rings and Mackenzie and I split two entrees; she ordered the prosciutto & fig pizza and I got the calamari salad, both were surprisingly amazing and delicious. Also, just for future reference, I am a very, very, adventurous eater and love to try the weirdest foods you'll ever come across (I have eaten jellyfish- don't try it) so do not be surprised if I end up ordering more weird things that I recommend eating- I am aware figs on pizza might sound gross but is actually very delectable! We both ordered two mixed drinks- I can't remember the name of mine but Mackenzie ordered the Patio Pounder Lemonade which consisted of watermelon infused vodka, lemonade, and fresh watermelon. Lastly, we finished our meal with a good ol' fashioned warm brownie sundae with french vanilla ice cream oozing down the sides, topped off with whipped cream and fresh cut strawberries. It was such a great day and I'm so glad that I got to share a special evening with her. Also I am persuaded to transfer to Catholic because it is such a beautiful campus!


Now on to the important part, my outfit. I chose to keep it simple and what I like to call street hip/casual. I decided to wear a black and white Adidas logo top from Urban Outfitters. I layered over my t-shirt a really comfortable, denim MOTO fitted western shirt from Topshop which I purchased at Nordstrom. I love layering clothes and the contrast of black/white and denim goes so perfectly. Since it was windy outside that day, I wore my brown leather Maje jacket that I purchased in France a couple years of go. If you want advice on what things are worth splurging on and what's worth saving your money for a cheaper alternative, I believe saving your money for a good, quality 100 percent leather jacket is so worth the buy. I have had this jacket for about four years and it is still in pristine condition, not to mention I wear it religiously. For my bottoms, I went with my Zara black & ripped skinny jeans to match the dark color palette. For my shoes, I again went with a classic, white Converses to keep it casual and they're comfortable for walking in downtown D.C. Now onto my accessories! I actually have a lot of jewelry but I am attached to a select few pieces that I re-wear over and over again because to be honest, they just go with everything. I wore tribal, bronze/gold earrings from Forever 21, my everyday earrings that I always wear (read all my previous posts for where I bought them), and a black skinny belt from Target. Additionally, I wore my new sunglasses that I got for about five dollars at Forever 21, this place is great for really cute and cheap sunglasses because they actually look nice and not tacky. I really want a pair of nice sunglasses but I misplace mine too often to purchase an expensive pair haha I think once I learn to keep track of these, then I will buy a quality pair.



  


     I obviously wore my red lizard lipstick from NARS which I swear by, please go buy this lipstick, I guarantee you WILL LOVE it!! I also have been wanting to try this hairstyle for a while because I saw it on a couple of girls and believe it might be a new trend this summer- especially for my boho girls. I watched a vlog online and decided to try it out, I put my hair into two pig tails, braided each piece and wrapped them into two buns. Yeah, I may have looked like a wannabe Miley Cyrus, but I personally love the buns and I don't care how weird she is, I love Miley. Yes, she is a complete freak, but she's her own person who does her own thing and she does not care what people think of her. If you think about it, she is actually quite smart for turning out the way she has because of all the attention she's generated around her erratic behavior, she makes billions off of it, so next time you go and judge Miley just think about how much money she makes over you for acting like the way she does lol- just a food for thought. I hope you enjoyed my long post today and stay tuned for more!







xoxo Anna :)


No comments:

Post a Comment